DROP TOWER PRICING
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
Do I need to make a reservation?
Reservations are recommended. It is a good rule of thumb to reserve online or call ahead with a group of 6 or more guests that will be zipping. However we also serve walk-in customers on a first come first serve basis.
What if I don’t have a credit card to book online?
If you don’t have a Visa or a Master Card, you can mail us a check and we can book your group for you. Please call for more details.
Children under 18 must have a liability form signed by a parent or guardian before participating on tour but can go on tour without supervision.
What are the weight restrictions?
Zippers must weigh a minimum of 100 lbs and can weigh no more than 275 lbs for the primary course
Zippers must weigh a minimum of 40lbs up to 100lbs for the secondary course. (persons under 150 lbs may chaperon if needed)
What if I am scared of heights?
Many people are nervous about heights (despite what they say!) and we understand that some people may be apprehensive about tackling an experience such as this. However, our Tour is designed to gradually prepare you for some of the higher, longer zip lines. Our professionally trained certified Tour Guides will be with you at all times to make sure that everyone has a positive experience. All our equipment is checked daily and exceeds all industry standards. Our ‘Challenge by Choice’ philosophy ensures that no-one will be forced to do anything they aren’t comfortable with.
Where is Mammoth Cave Adventures Zipline Located?
We are located right outside of Cave City, Kentucky and just outside of Mammoth Cave National Park. get directions
Health Recommendations and Physical Requirements:
- Weight restrictions: at least 40 lbs but no more than 275 lbs.
- Guests should be prepared for some light physical activity. Tours include climbing stairs or ladders and walking short distance over uneven terrain.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Tours are not recommended for anyone who may have a heart condition, neck/back issues, or other medical concerns.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- There is no smoking, alcohol, or drug use permitted at anytime prior to, or throughout, the tour.
- Mammoth Cave Adventures is not obligated to complete a tour if participants are found to be endangering the safety of themselves, others, or the environment. Refunds will not be given in these situations.
What To Wear/Bring?
- Mammoth Cave Adventures provides all of the equipment needed to participate in the tours including custom-designed harnesses and helmets.
- Required – Closed toe hiking or athletic type footwear – No Crocs or flip-flops allowed.
- Be advised that the weather can change quickly so layered clothing is a good idea.
- Remove hanging or dangling jewelry and rings before attempting the zip course.
- There is no storage facility for guest use at Mammoth Cave Adventures.
- Mammoth Cave Adventures is not responsible for the loss of personal items such as cameras and sunglasses.
- Pictures are available upon request throughout tour.
Cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour departure will be charged full tour price. “No-shows” will also be charged full tour price. Charges will be applied to the credit card provided.
Mammoth Cave Adventures reserves the right to cancel tours due to inclement weather, foreseeable hazards, or events beyond our control. In these events, we will do our best to re-book your tour immediately or provide a 12 month voucher for you to re-book.
Are tours cancelled due to weather?
Mammoth Cave Adventures will run in light rain, however cancellations may occur during high winds, severe thunderstorms, or hazardous weather. In these events, we will do our best to re-book your tour immediately or provide a 12 month voucher for you to re-book.
What are the health, safety and physical requirements?
Those with heart conditions or high blood pressure should consult a physician. The tour is not recommended for those who have a fear of heights, experience dizziness, seizures, or any other physical impairment. Customers should be prepared for light physical exertion, for example negotiating stairs, light hiking, and some walking.
What is the maximum group size?
Currently we offer groups tours with a maximum size of 8 people. If you have a group with more than 8 participants, contact Mammoth Cave Adventures (270-773-6087) for special scheduling arrangements.
My friends want to come but aren’t purchasing a tour. Is there a place for them to watch?
Friends and family will be able to see guests zip from the first platform and end on the final landing.
Why do I need to check in 30 minutes prior to the tour?
We ask that you check in at the Mammoth Cave Adventures Check-in Center at least 30 minutes prior to your tour to ensure enough time for preparations. All parties will need to sign waivers, review equipment, and understand details of the tour.
How much should I tip my Tour Guides?
There is no set percentage rate and tipping is not required, any amount you feel comfortable with will be truly appreciated by our guides but it is certainly not expected.
Can I buy a gift certificate?
Yes. If you wish to purchase a gift certificate please give us a call at 270-773-6087.
Are there discounts available?
Yes. Eight to 14 guests will receive a 10% discount if paid in one payment, 15 to 19 guests will receive a 15% discount if paid in one payment. Any groups of 20 or more please call ahead for additional information and pricing. 270-773-6087.
Do I need to sign a waiver?
Yes, all guests must sign a waiver. Also, guests under the age of 18 will need a guardian’s signature before zipping. Click here to download the waiver